What we stand for
- We’re self-made immigrants with pretty humble roots – Pejman lived through the Iranian revolution and was homeless at one point in life. Mar immigrated from Spain to get her PhD in EE from Stanford.
- We’ve been in your shoes – Between us, we’ve founded four companies (Mar 3X, Ajay 1X) and experienced the highs of public accolades and exits and the lows of struggling to find product-market fit and staying motivated with a scant few months of runway. We get it!
We’re privileged to have seeded a number of category defining companies – including DropBox, Lending Club, Gusto, DoorDash, Guardant Health, and Branch Metrics.
We’re hyper-networked in the valley and beyond – and our network is your network.
- We’re strongly values-driven – we’re founder-first, we value ambition and conviction, we explicitly “partner” rather than “invest”, and we hold integrity, humility, and trust as central tenets in what we do.
How We Operate
- We’re a team – there’s a saying that when you marry a person you also marry their family, and that applies to how we operate. In our particular family, we also have quite a number of “extended relatives” or “operating partners” at your disposal.
We lead and are often the first check – we move with conviction and speed, and aren't afraid of being the first (or only) check.
Foundation-laying – we help companies lay the foundations of sustainable, category-defining companies. We’re with you every step of the way if you need us to be - from developing an operating plan to organizational structures and processes that’ll scale
- We’re really good at helping our companies hire A-caliber talent – we’ve helped founders find their cofounders, hire their CTOs, data scientists, engineers, biz dev people, etc.
We’re really good at getting companies from Seed to Series A – see case studies.
- We’re big on community – we host CEO dinners, workshops, speaker series events, and hackathons regularly in support of our companies and the broader community