Your VC apprenticeship with a leading, early-stage venture teamApply Now
* Applications deadline: Harvard Sep 24th and Other campuses Oct 18th
Fellows collaborate directly with our investment team
- Discover and support the best entrepreneurs
- Evaluate investment opportunities in the range of $25,000 to $2,000,000
- Lead Pear Competition $25K at your campus
- Build your VC reputation and extend your network
We share our company building beliefs and investment approach through our Pear Venture Summit in San Francisco. Fellows learn further through shadowing Pear investors and leading their own initiatives.
Who should apply?
The program is highly selective and dedicated to students who are genuinely motivated to support entrepreneurs and develop their skills in venture. We want to collaborate with proactive people who think independently. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial network or industry expertise, as well as be willing to help us build our firm.
The Fellows program is limited to specific campuses to ensure that our investment team can meet Fellows in person and provide focused attention. We are currently seeking Fellows at Stanford, Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, and Penn.
What’s special about Pear’s university programs?
As a Pear Fellow, you will be joining a thriving early-stage fund with a history of championing students alongside our experienced founders.
We believe that the best founders have clarity of thought, a guiding mission, and unrelenting perseverance. Our team seeks to partner with serial entrepreneurs (Guardant, Gusto, Local Kitchens), experienced industry operators (Vanta, ixlayer, Fam), and students (Doordash, Aurora, Affinity) who embody these founder characteristics.
We know that students can execute as well as our experienced founders when given early support, so we designed programs to share our knowledge and network to accelerate their growth as entrepreneurs.
- Experienced team: Our team has built eight companies and partnered early with startups now valued at over $90B. Pear founders Pejman and Mar topped investor ranks in the Midas List.
- Early-stage focus: Unlike multi-stage funds, we give our full attention to founders on the journey from idea to series A. We collaborate with our founders on Product Market Fit, Customers, Fundraising, and Recruiting.
- On-campus opportunities: 49% of our portfolio companies were founded by students. We empower students to execute as well as our experienced entrepreneurs.
Pear Fellows Alumni
- 30 are VCs across a16z, Pear, General Catalyst, Lightspeed, Khosla, Flagship, DST, DFJ, and more.
- 24 are Founders of VC-backed startups
- 18 work in Product at high-growth startups (and the remainder mostly work in other startup roles)
- 51% of alumni identify as female